Wednesday, December 20, 2006

O Rising Dawn!



Here we are in Minnesota, going to work in the dark and driving home in the dark. It was one of the most difficult things to get used to in wintertime when I moved here from Texas in 1983. I had SAD before SAD was cool.

And so we approach the shortest day of the year and continue to pray that the Light may come, both physically and metaphorically in our lives.

Isaiah had prophesied, “The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shown.” (9:1). Yet, I feel so very weak this day, and sad..... and yet hopeful also. My two sons will not be with me this Christmas for the first time, so I have nowhere else to turn but to that other Son, praying that He might arise with love in my heart. Tears of water turn into drops of light as we turn to the face the Sun of God's love.

O Rising Dawn, Radiance of the Light Eternal and Sun of Justice;
come, and enlighten those who sit in the darkness and the shadow of death.

No comments: