Monday, February 19, 2007

The Songbird and Cell Phone: Liturgy Today


I am not in the habit of posting links to articles by modern "churchly" writers who are otherwise disconnected with the teaching office of the Roman Catholic Church. However, I am making an exception in this case.

Russell Shaw has written eloquently regarding what ails Roman Catholic liturgy today and outlined some directions for helping to cure it. I don't agree with everything he wrote, nor do I agree with some of the directions he wants to take us as a worshipping people. However, his basic premises and analysis are sound.

http://www.holyspiritinteractive.net/columns/guests/russellshaw/songbird.asp
It will be up to the next generation of liturgical leaders how this "reform of the reform" progresses. However, I don't think anyone who is interested in the Source and Summit of our Faith can afford to ignore the dialogue. We do so to our own spiritual peril.

No comments: