Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More on Self Giving Service from a Master


Light on today's Gospel reading from Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997),
Foundress of the Missionary Sisters of Charity A Simple Path.



“We are useless servants."


Don’t worry about looking for the causes of humankind’s big problems; be satisfied with doing what you can to solve them by giving your help to those who need it. Some people tell me that by giving charity to others, we are clearing the States of their responsibilities towards the needy and the poor. However, I’m not worried, for in general the States don’t give love.


I simply do what I can, the rest is not my domain.God has been so good to us! To work with love is always a way of coming closer to him. Look at what Christ did during his life on earth. He spent it doing good (Acts 10:38). I remind my sisters that he spent the three years of his public life caring for the sick, the lepers, the children and others more. That is exactly what we are doing when we preach the Gospel by our actions.


We believe that serving others is a privilege, and we try at every moment to do it with all our heart. We know very well that our action is only a drop in the ocean, but without our action, that drop would be missing.

No comments: